D-zero is a compact 4.2m dinghy with an elegant and “sexy” hull, a two part carbon-fiber mast, a carbon boom, and two rigging options (6.9 or 8.1 m2 of laminated sail).
Designer: Daniel Holman (2014)
- Hull length: 4.20 m
- Beam: 1.42 m
- Hull Weight: 43 kg
- Portsmouth Yardstick: 1029
- Sail Design: North Sails One Design
- Mast and Boom: Carbon fiber (CompoTech)
- Sail area:
– Grey rig: 8.1 m2 semi soft laminate sail on halyard
– Blue rig: 6.9 m2 semi soft laminate sail on halyard
- Rake: Simple and effective adjustment via chocks
- Hardware: Harken
D-ZERO, light and simple
Back in 2014 Dan Holman and Devoti Sailing came together with a seemingly impossible proposition: to create a “basic” single-hander sailboat that had to be light and simple enough to be carried on a car’s roof and rigged in 10 minutes, yet delivering a high-quality sailing experience and performance. The boat also had to target a board range of sailors in terms of weight and skill: manageable enough for the average club sailor to sail safely but technical enough to engage the professionals.
Light and simple
Single-hander made to be light enough to be carried on your car’s roof, rigged and ready to sail in 10 minutes.